Our success and growth are dependent upon our employees and our commitment to them. We continually develop our existing workforce and recruit ambitious and talented people.
As part of Norman Hay plc, which has a well-established international reputation, SIFCO ASC’s activity is worldwide, so our recruitment policy embraces career opportunities across the globe. Our firm belief, in all cases, is not only to recruit the best people but also to provide continuous opportunities for skills improvement and career development.
SIFCO ASC offers a competitive salary and benefits package designed to help meet a wide variety of today’s individual needs.
The Electrochemist will work independently and as part of a team for application development, utilizing innovative approaches with existing chemistries and processes and in the development of new processes and materials to meet customer needs. This position will also provide technical guidance and troubleshooting expertise in solution manufacturing
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical guidance on the full range of electrochemistry within the company from chemical analysis to troubleshooting technical issues with plating applications, solution manufacturing, and quality testing.
- Develop new plating solutions and chemical processes to meet industry needs.
- Improve the performance of existing SIFCO Process® deposits.
- Evaluate the chemistry of key solutions and processes parameters to minimize hydrogen embrittlement and stress in the application of SIFCO Process® deposits.
- Develop innovative approaches for applying deposits onto complex shapes.
- Support and drive process, productivity, and quality improvements through measurement and detailed analysis, and sustain improvements with process control methods, such as SPC and DOE.
- Support multiple projects as a key contributing member through technical problem solving, analysis, and control methods. Drive standardization and improvement of existing products.
- Document and communicate project results and application knowledge. Process transfer from D&D to production.
- Active membership and participation in professional organizations. Present papers at key industry gatherings.
- Recommend patents when appropriate; protect and maintain products and processing know-how.
- Use XRF, SEM, FTIR, XRD, Corrosion Djinn, and interpret results. Metallographic preparation for deposit evaluation.
- Bachelor or advanced Degree in Chemical Engineering or Electrochemistry
- Solid foundation of electrochemical processes.
- Experience in design and scale-up of plating processes is a necessity.
- Ability to conduct hands-on original, independent research leading to product and process improvements and root cause analysis.
- Approach technical projects in a professional manner that contributes to a climate of excellence based on observable personal action and self-discipline that encourages others to perform their duties thoughtfully and well.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Access and Office, SPC
- Experimental deign
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and creative problem-solving
- Experience with Solidworks preferred
- Moderate lifting required occasionally.
- Work involves exposure to hazardous chemicals and applicable PPE.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally. Exposure to noise and chemicals consistent with a chemical manufacturing environment. Ability to function in Shop and Office environment as well as perform desk/computer work and hands on testing in a laboratory environment.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Would you like to be a SIFCO ASC Partner? We are seeking Distributors and Job Shop Partners for selected regions worldwide. Please send your interest in becoming a partner to Todd Romanski at firstname.lastname@example.org
SIFCO ASC is seeking Manufacturing Sales Representatives for selective regions in the U.S. and worldwide. Please send your interest in becoming a Manufacturer’s Representative to Todd Romanski at email@example.com