Our success and growth are dependent upon our employees and our commitment to them. We continually develop our existing workforce and recruit ambitious and talented people.
As part of Norman Hay plc, which has a well-established international reputation, SIFCO ASC’s activity is worldwide, so our recruitment policy embraces career opportunities across the globe. Our firm belief, in all cases, is not only to recruit the best people but also to provide continuous opportunities for skills improvement and career development.
SIFCO ASC offers a competitive salary and benefits package designed to help meet a wide variety of today’s individual needs.
Shipping & Receiving Technician
Performs the following duties: Shipping, Receiving and Physical inventory
Essential Job Functions
- Compare identifying information and count, weigh, or measure items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading, invoices, orders, or other records. Verify & maintain computer logs on incoming material and purchase orders.
- Check items to be shipped against work orders to verify that quantities, destination, and routing are correct. Prepare shipments; determine cost efficient shipping method, prepare shipping documents, select appropriate shipping container and pack items to ensure safe delivery. Assemble wooden or cardboard containers or select preassembled containers.
- Receive and unload incoming materials, visually inspect for damage, defect or shortage and ensure all necessary paperwork is received. Stage materials for production. Inform the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor to process return shipments.
- Operate forklift, overhead crane and pallet jack in loading, unloading and delivering shipments, supplies, and equipment. May assist in routine maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining the physical process and product inventory shipping material and supply levels and accompanying records. Notify the Shipping & Receiving supervisor of low inventories and report inventory quantities as required to ensure accurate and available inventory for production needs.
- High school diploma or GED with minimum 2 years’ experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form including: work documents and quality specifications and standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to utilize basic to intermediate measurement tools to verify dimensions of incoming product.
- Knowledge of UPS and/or FedEx preferred.
- Knowledge of Hazardous material shipping regulations preferred.
- Indirectly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Requirements to include standing, walking, reaching and lifting.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to be a SIFCO ASC Partner? We are seeking Distributors and Job Shop Partners for selected regions worldwide. Please send your interest in becoming a partner to Todd Romanski at email@example.com
SIFCO ASC is seeking Manufacturing Sales Representatives for selective regions in the U.S. and worldwide. Please send your interest in becoming a Manufacturer’s Representative to Todd Romanski at firstname.lastname@example.org